Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Worst Web Shopping Experience ever : Kinepolis.be

Have your ever bought tickets on kinepolis.be ?

It's my worst Internet Shopping Experience ever:

1. You have to re-type your name and email address each time you change movie or schedule. If only flash was not used for that my browser could fill it for me...

2. You have to do the complete process before finding out the session is fully booked...

3. The payment process is scary, you have to pay without being sure it's the right cinema, movie and schedule.

4. In the payment process you are all a sudden required a ING password that you never use. Hopefully there was a forgotten password procedure that worked.

I have never liked the Kinepolis website because of its poor performance (Flash abuse). Now the content delivery seems to be faster, they managed to screw the next step : the shopping experience...

3 comments:

Hugo said...

1. Not true : You first select your cinema, movie, date and time and then you start the booking process whith first typing your name and e-mail (because Kinepolis sends your confirmation by email)

2. That's possible, don't know that

3. Certainly NOT true, Kinepolis puts two screens in the process to ask if your selection is ok up till now. It's a lot, but due to the complex process, not a bad idea.

4. Nothing to do with Kinepolis. ING wants this. Just like Fortis needs you to use the Digipass (sigh)

The whole process of buying tickets on-line isn't easy when you have 11 theaters in Belgium, so many movies, so many dates and so many screening times and multiple ways to pay. It is the only cinema where you can pay with vouchers and 100-days cinema card online.

To me it seems that you are just having a bad day.

jf said...

1. When I click on a session (I just retested now), the first dialog I have states Naam, Voornaam, email address and Taal...

4. Could be true. But what does it cost to document the complete process before you start it ? Last time I wanted to book a travel online at the very last stage I was required a card reader that I don't have. I could not purchase...


Now there was an advantage of doing it online because when we arrived in Braine there was a huge queue of peole waiting and we could directly proceed to the theater.

So the real life experience was ok...

jf said...

1: indeed, select movie, film, date and time than after giving your name, email and language you find out it's sold out. So you pick another session and it asks again name, email and language...

New website for Kainumai

For the past few months, my son and I have dedicated our efforts to crafting a new website for my burgeoning company. Initially, we opted fo...