Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

It's easier to work with people who use the same tools

Some people just think like you some others don't. There is not much to do about it.

Being self-employed obliges me to be much closer to my customers. I notice now the difference between people I'm involved with.  I find that it's much easier for me to do business with people who use the same tools than me. So here are the tools :
  • A lot of Emails
  • Instant Messaging
  • Twitter
  • A good website or blog that you keep up to date
  • Facebook, which takes more an more 'professional space'
I find it more difficult to stay in touch and make good agreements with the people who don't use those tools.

Note that sometimes I have requests to adopt tools. So that's why after one year of OpenOffice, I had to go back to MS Office because the majority still uses it and want to continue to do so.

No comments:

New website for Kainumai

For the past few months, my son and I have dedicated our efforts to crafting a new website for my burgeoning company. Initially, we opted fo...