Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

5 benefits of living without a car

It's now more than 6 months that I don't have a car.  For nearly 20 years I always had a car at my disposal. Since I started as self-employed I don't have a car anymore. Is it a problem ? Mostly not. There are even advantages.

5 good reasons to become a "BMW"  (Bus-Metro-Walk):
  1. It's good for the health. You walk much more (in the station, between the stop and the office)
  2. It's good for the stress. In the public transport, you have the time to read or to relax your brain.
  3. It's a good social experience. If you want, you can talk to the people. People sometimes ask for help because they are lost. When the train gets stuck, people share their emotions.
  4. It's cheaper than having a car.
  5. It makes you smarter. Finding the best public transport route challenges your mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't agree more. I haven't owned a personal car since I moved to Vancouver, 4 years ago. It's all walking and public transit and is so much better than losing your mind in traffic jams (like the ones in the BE-LU-FR corridor).

Next: try getting rid of TV :) It's great too!

Changement de rythme