Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

7 years to achieve my goal

After 7 years of playing Water-Polo, the game had no secrets anymore for me. I could organize the team when it was disorganized. I could tell the other players what to do. I could influence the team by putting the fastest in the attack and place the others in order to slow down the other team. I had a complete vision on the game: players, rules, tactics, tricks. The only things that I could improve was swimming (more training and less beers) and technique. Look at me scoring a goal on Youtube...
 
 
After more than 7 years working on "Middelware" (Portals, ECM, SOA, BPM), I feel I "master" those topics. I know ho to setup a team, how to start, how to make all kind of specifications, scope and estimate the hardware, the software, the project. I know most of the solutions, the competition and the prices. I have a feeling on how much the solution is worth in function of the Business Value...
 
In 2010 I started new activities in the field of "Digital Reading". I learned about eBooks, eBookStores, newsstands, digital magazines, epub, epaper, the kindle format, Library Systems, iPad Apps, Android... In 2011 I won my first projets and I feel like it's when I was a new Water-Polo player. I enjoy the game but I have not yet all elements in hands. I still need to meet important players, integrate some complex rules, play more matches...
 
I believe it will take me 7 years to achieve my goal: become a WorldWide expert in the field of Digital Reading (eReading).
 

No comments:

What is a CSO ?

CSO stands for Chief Solutions Officer. This role involves managing priorities, overseeing projects, and leading strategic initiatives withi...